- Excel-Coat Garage floor coating is specifically designed for light to medium vehicular traffic areas in residential homes and warehouse applications.
- Excel-Coat Garage Floor Coating System is comprised of a two-component, high solids epoxy mastic with a clear two-component polyurethane topcoat.
- • Do not apply in areas where high moisture content is present.
- • Do not apply over non-structural lightweight concrete without prior written approval.
- • Do not use where there is visible efflorescence.
- The Excel-Coat Garage floor coating is comprised of three, two- component products for a total system application.
- The Excel-Coat PC-155 comes in 2-gallon kits, Excel-Poxy 122 comes in 3-gallon kits and Excel-Thane CRU comes in 1-gallon kits.
- Twelve months from shipping date stored below 80°. Do not allow product to freeze.
- Excel-Poxy 122 comes in Sandstone, Beige, and Gray. Excel-Thane CRU is clear. Excel-Poxy 122 is available in other colors upon request.
- Before any work is started, the applicator shall thoroughly examine all surfaces for any deficiencies. Should any deficiencies exist, the Architect, Owner or General Contractor shall be notified in writing and any corrections necessary shall be made.
- Cold or inclement weather will affect the cure time of all Excel-Coat products. Do not install over wet substrate, in the rain or if the threat of rain exists within 24 hours.
- 1. On-grade slabs should have an effective moisture vapor barrier in place.
- 2. Curing of concrete shall be by means of water cure or dissipating compounds. Curing compounds shall be approved by an authorized representative of Excellent Coatings International.
- 3. Concrete shall be cured a minimum of 28 days prior to installation of the Excel-Coat Garage Floor Coatings System.
- 4. Test for moisture vapor emissions according to ASTM Standard Practice E 1907-97. Moisture vapor shall not exceed 3.0 lbs. per 1,000 square ft. / 24hours.
- 5. Concrete finish shall be a power metal float followed by a light steel trowel and fine hair broom finish, or equivalent. A 5.0-10.0 mil surface profile is best to assure good adhesion.
- 6. Concrete surfaces shall be free of excessive roughness, voids, and protrusions.
- 7. All tooled joints and control joints shall be routed, primed and caulked with a sealant approved by Excellent Coatings International. Moving structural cracks should be treated with an epoxy crack repair material.
- 8. Old concrete shall be steel shot-blasted or acid etched to assure a clean open surface. When acid etching neutralizes well, rinse thoroughly with clean water. Allow concrete to thoroughly dry before applying coating.
- 9. Concrete must be sound and free of all contaminants, (pH should be between 7.0-8.5).
- 10. All expansion joints shall be treated as specified in the project drawings and in strict accordance with Excellent Coatings International's written instructions. Excellent Coatings International shall be consulted for specific design requirements.
- Application: Refer to Epoxy Garage Floor Coatings Application Guide for detailed instructions of the installation methods.
- Store Excel-Coat products in a cool dry area and protect from freezing. It will be necessary to stir Excel-Coat materials before using. Clean mixing and application tools with the appropriate solvent-based cleaners. Dispose of empty containers properly according to current Local, State and Federal regulations.
- Use the product with adequate ventilation; appropriate breathing apparatus (ventilators) and personal protection. Users must read container label and Safety Data Sheet (SDS) for specific health and safety precautions prior to use.
- Slip Resistance Disclaimer: Excellent Coatings International recommends the use of slip-resistant aggregate in all floor coating systems that may have exposure to wet or oily conditions. However, even textured surfaces can be slippery under certain conditions. The type of activity, maintenance procedures, and type of footwear may all be factors relative to the amount of slip resistance that is needed. Excellent Coatings International will not assume responsibility for determining the type or amount of slip resistance that is required for any given project.
- Immediately available from Excellent Coatings International and authorized distributors. Cost data is available from your local Excellent Coatings International authorized representative. For the name and number of the nearest local representative, call Excellent Coatings International at (800) 473-3817.
- Cleaning can be accomplished by scrubbing with normal detergent soap and water. Organic citrus cleaners may be used on the Excel-Coat systems. Follow cleaning product directions.
- Excellent Coatings International warrants Excel-Coat materials to be free of defects and manufactured to meet published physical properties for a period of one year following the date of shipment, provided that the product has been applied according to the manufacturer's instructions. Under this warranty, Excellent Coatings International will provide, at no charge, product in containers to replace any product proved to be defective in applications recommended by us as suitable for this product. All claims concerning the products' defects must be made within twelve months of shipment and within thirty days of discovery. Absence of such claims in writing during this period will constitute a waiver of all claims with respect to such product. This warranty is IN LIEU OF any and all other warranties, expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, any implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY of fitness for a specific purpose.
- Authorized local representatives are available to provide design assistance and on-site instruction for our products. Excellent Coatings International provides assistance in design and development of special applications and partial inspection. Part-time or full-time inspection and instruction are available on a fee basis upon arrangement. Technical data is available upon request.