- • Excel-Coat Green-Line
- • Polyester Reinforcing Fabric
- • Protection Fabric or Board
- • Epoxy Crack Repair Material
- • Urethane Sealant
- • Hammer
- • Razor Knife
- • Roller Frame
- • Roller Sleeves
- • 4" Paint Brush
- • Patching Spreader
- • Trowels
- Curing of concrete shall be by means of water cure or dissipating compounds. Curing compounds shall be approved by an authorized representative of Excellent Coatings International
- Concrete shall be cured a minimum of 28 days and dry prior to the installation of membrane unless approved by an authorized representative of Excellent Coatings International
- Concrete finish shall be a power metal float followed by a light steel trowel and fine-medium hair broom finish, or equivalent.
- Concrete surfaces shall be free of excessive roughness, voids, protrusions or exposed aggregate.
- Concrete block joints shall be finished flush with block or filled to provide a flat even surface to apply coating system.
- At cold joint at bottom of wall and footing, install a urethane cant bead and allow to cure.
- Metal shall be bonderized (galvanized and etched), rust-free and a minimum 26 gauge.
- All tooled joints, control joints and expansion joints shall be cleaned, primed and caulked with sealant approved by Excellent Coatings International
- Structural cracks (1/16 inch or greater) shall be routed, primed, and filled with epoxy crack repair material.
- Note: Do not apply over non-structural lightweight concrete without prior written approval.
- Green-Line is applied using an under-over application process. Work 2-3 foot sections at a time. Roll the Excel-Coat Green-Line onto the deck surface all the rate of 50 square feet per gallon. Immediately install (if used) Excel-Coat reinforcing fabric into the wet coat. Smooth fabric with a trowel or brush, making sure there are no wrinkles or bubbles in the fabric, and then apply a coat of Green-Line to cover the fabric. Allow to dry 4-6 hours. Dry times may vary. Note: The cured film thickness shall be 18-20 mils. with fabric and 12-15 mils. without fabric.
- Using care, visually inspect the membrane. Wrinkles, blisters or voids should be cut out and the waterproofing material re-applied. Allow approximately 8 hours to properly cure. Dry times may vary.
- Apply an additional coat of Excel-coat Green-Line at an average rate of 100 square feet per gallon.
- After installation of this second coat of Excel-Coat Green-Line, it is recommended to water-test all horizontal surfaces. This should be done after the membrane has cured at least 36 hours.
- If a Protection Fabric is used, roll a third coat of Excel-Coat Green-Line while still wet. Install the Protection fabric in a smooth and wrinkle free manner, lapping seams a minimum of 2". Allow approximately 12 hours to cure. Dry times may vary.
- If Excel-Coat Green-Line is used as an under- tile membrane, install a slurry coat of Excel-Crete, 1/8” thickness minimum, as a protection course over the membrane instead of Protection Fabric, prior to installation of the tile.
- The total cured film thickness of the complete waterproofing system shall be 30-40 mils.
Under Tile Application over Plywood Substrates:
- Install galvanized metal lath and Excel-Crete underlayment per the Excel-Coat Fire System Application Guide prior to installation of the Excel-Coat Green-Line membrane and the Excel-Crete slurry coat as a protection course over the Green-Line System.
- If concrete block is used instead of tilt-up concrete, the surface to be waterproofed shall be smooth, and, if necessary, parging shall be implemented prior to installing the waterproofing membrane. Excel-Crete polymer modified cement may be applied to fill voids and smooth the surface.
- Green-Line is applied using an under-over application process. Work 2-3 foot sections at a time. Apply a coat of Excel-Coat Green-Line on the below-grade wall and footing at the rate of 50 square feet per gallon. Immediately install reinforcing fabric (if used) into the wet coat. Smooth fabric with a trowel or brush, and then apply material over the fabric to cover the fabric. Allow material to dry approximately 4-6 hours. Dry times may vary.
- Roll a coat of Excel-Coat Green-Line onto the vertical wall and footing at a rate of 100 square feet per gallon. Allow material to dry for approximately 2-4 hours. Dry times may vary. After achieving the desired impression, lift the skin straight up and off of the surface and move to the next area and repeat process until finished.
- Using care, visually inspect the membrane. Any wrinkles, blisters or voids should be cut out and the waterproofing material reapplied.
- Roll a tack coat of Excel-Coat Green-Line at the rate of Green-Line and install the Protection Fabric in a smooth and wrinkle-free manner, lapping seams a minimum of 2". Protections Fabric shall be applied and lapped onto the drainage pipe so as to wrap pipe once around in fabric. Allow total system to cure approximately 12 hours before backfill begins. If drainage board is to be used, consult your Excellent Coatings International, representative for product recommendations.
- Note: Colder weather will slow the curing process of all Excel-Coat products.
- FYI: Excel-Coat Green-Line is a co-polymer that does not crack or get brittle over time. This material can be brought up above the fill line, to the stucco line or header; but it must be painted / textured to protect membrane from damage. Green-Line should not be exposed to UV for long periods of time. Protect membrane from UV degradation and damage.